Friday, February 13, 2015

Love You Valentine Layout by Kim

Hello friends and Happy Valentines Day tomorrow! I wanted to show a rather non traditional Valentine project today, and the X0X0 Wall Hanging was the perfect base for it! I used some of the Enchanted Garden paper from Bo Bunny as my base, then used some sprays in matching colors, and some texture paste and script stamp. This completed the background and I was ready to embellish.
 
 The heart above is from the Build A Layout Love Birds Set which I embossed in a teal color and added some glitter for sparkle. The X and 0 from the wall hanging I also did the same treatment to just using a different color.
Below is the Love You Script, also from the Love Birds set. I used just some fine white embossing powder, as there was enough color going on, and I wanted the sentiment to stand out.
 The fairies are fussy-cut from the paperline and for their wings I used some butterfly stickers I was sent from a friend. They worked out perfectly.
 Finally, in the top corner of the layout, I used the Butterfly Corner, which is a new piece from Gina. I painted it with some Silks Acrylic Glazes in different colors to pick up on the color theme I was going for. I added some flowers to the corner and also used some Prima Resin Butterflies throughout the piece to finish it off.
I really enjoyed making this piece. It was a lot of fun to think outside the box and use some very non traditional colors and themes for Valentines Day. 
I hope you will pop over to Gina's Store and check out all the new pieces she has in stock!
Happy Valentines to everyone!


Other Items Used
Silks Acrylic Glazes
Prima Resin, Damask Stencil, Script Stamp and Metals
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden Paper
Bo Bunny Ephemera
Wow Embossing Powders and Glitter Tinsel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...