Saturday, December 6, 2014

Carole Lombard Layout by Melissa & Christmas Ornament by Shanna

Good Day Crafty Folks! Today we have two designers up with some fun and festive projects to share, first up is Melissa with her gorgeous layout!

 Hi friends, Melissa here to share with you my layout of Actress Carole Lombard.
Carole Lombard was an American film actress. She was particularly noted for her zany, energetic roles in the screwball comedies of the 1930's.  She was the highest-paid star in Hollywood in the late 1930's.

I really enjoy working with Gina's chipboard here, it blends in so well with the layout.  

To decorate the chipboard I first prepped them with gesso. On the green top piece, I started with pink chalk ink.  I then sprayed some Lindy's on.  I didn't like the color, so I added green chalk ink, then green and brown watercolors.  I let it dry, then rubbed some gold Pearlex powder on.  I topped it off with a layer of Distress Crackle Paint.  I did the bottom green piece the same way, but skipped the pink ink and Lindy's. You can see they are two different shades of green.

On the chandelier I used Distress Crackle Paint over silver leaf paint.



Thanks for looking!

Chipboard used:

Other:
Petaloo and Prima flowers
Jaquard Pearlex Powder
Luminarte Twinkling H20's
Prima Paper
Plaid Liquid Silver Leaf Paint
Distress Crackle Paint-Clear Rock Candy
Tsuineko Chalk Ink
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Prima Bling
Silver and White Embossing Powders
Lumiere Acrylic Paint
A few Swarovski pointed back crystals

Next up is Shanna, with a little Christmas Joy to share!

Hello everyone. Shanna here and I am excited to share my creation with you today. I found this paper mache ornaments at the store and I couldn't resist altering it with the Christmas Shape Set. 


First off I painted it all with gesso. Then I covered my tree with some Art Anthology I did a stipple effect to make it look textured. 

I also used a snowflake for a star and covered it with liquid pearls. 
I also used the bow from the Christmas Shape Set.


Items Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...