Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas "Free Yourself" by Kim

 

Happy Sunday friends! Today I am sharing a mixed media canvas I created with lots of great items from Gina's Store.  I was inspired by my Shimmerz Products, and the colors of them. I used some of the soft muted Inklingz and Sprays to create the pastel background. I layered on some lace from my stash to give lots of texture and dimension.  
I then used my "art is" stencil, and used some of the Shimmerz texturez paste, and that completed my background.   I used some chalk paint on the dress form and then stamped on top of it with some lace to create a skirt on the form. The zipper pull I added finished it off.

The gears from the Gears Border and Corner set, were perfect to use! I cut apart the gears and used my Inklingz in gold and silver tones on them, and then layered it on top of some of the honeycomb from the Bee Set from Gina's.

I painted the Renata flourish white and added some gorgeous flowers and a metal key on top.
I am super happy how this came out, and love the soft and shabby vintage feel of the canvas.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today! Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!
 
 
Other Items Used
Petaloo Flowers
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Art Is Stencil
Lace from my Stash
7 x 7 Canvas
Prima Zipper Pull
Butterbeescraps Metal Clock Piece
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...