Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fall Scarecrow by Deann and an Altered Tea Tin by Lynne

Hello Friends!  We have two designers on the blog today .  First up is Deann with an amazing project to decorate your home for Fall.

Happy October!
I loved combining the two.  

 For the banner I ran the top pieces through an embossing folder. Then inked with Distress Ink. The back pieces were painted orange and paper added behind the letter cut outs. I made paper loops to hang the banner from the rakes.
 I painted the rake rust and brown. For the leaves I ran them through an embossing folder first then I colored with distress inks.
 I used buttons for the eyes and down the front of the shirt.
I inked the face with distress ink linen and inked the edge with Gathered twig. Added scrap paper for the nose and drew on the mouth.  
(((HUGS)))
Deann
Products from Gina's Designs
Scarecrow Wall Decor


Next up is Lynne to share her first project as the newest member of our Design Team Family!


I'm thrilled to announce that this is my first post on the Design Team for Gina's Designs.  I guest designed here for the month of September and was invited to join the team on a regular basis! I love working with Gina's chipboard products and I'm so looking forward to having the chance to create with more of them and to be part of the DT family !

I altered an empty tea tin that I found in the cupboard after my son went back to school; I couldn't wait to use the new Graphic 45 line "Raining Cats and Dogs" and the adorable chipboard cats from Gina's, and thought this would be a perfect spot to store kitty treats.            
I used black flocking on the cats-which would make them ideal for your Halloween-themed projects!! The flocking creates a great "fur coat" for these adorable pieces.





I couldn't resist adding the crown to this pretty fussy-cut kitty; any cat-owner knows who is REALLY the king or queen of their home-meow! The crown came from the small Honeycomb and Bees set and is a perfect fit!

Gina's Designs Products Used:    
                       Cats Shape Set                               

    Other Items Used:
 Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs  8x8 pad
  Stampendous flocking & embossing powder
                                                       


Thanks so much for stopping by-have a great day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...