Sunday, September 28, 2014

Two Halloween Cards by Dianna & Create Canvas by GDT Rashida

Happy Sunday Friends! Today we have two very fun projects by our designer Dianna and Guest Designer Rashida! First up is Dianna.
 
Hi everyone, Dianna here with two Halloween Cards.



 Gina's Designs and Kitty's Scrap Post was used on both cards.




On the first card, I fussy cut this adorable little witch on the large pumpkin from the digital paper and placed her on top of two graduating squares of orange paper that has been distressed with brown ink and spritzed with Tattered Angels. 
 
 The white card is then covered with orange polka dot paper.  I found some orange buttons and tied black and white bakers twine into bows and placed them on the spiderweb paper that had been spritzed heavily with Tattered Angels Gold.  
 
The two bats are from Gina's Designs Spooky Shape Set and are "painted" with black glittery nail polish (this really really works great with the chipboard).





The second card I covered with a scrap of orange and distressed with black ink.  The post card of the little girl is from Kitty's Scrap Post, O' Halloween collection.
 
I placed on scrap polka dot and dark orange paper which was distressed with black ink.  The post card was a little off size so I staggered the layers, then spritzed with Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Gold.
 
  What looks like four pieces of paper is actually just one piece of paper that was cut out from DCWV- Bewitched Stack.
 
The Boo, Bat and Scary Cat are from Gina's Designs Spooky Shape Set and "painted" with black glittery nail polish.



Items Used
Gina's Designs
Kitty's Scrap Post

Other
DCWV - Bewitched Stack
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Gold
Hobby Lobby - Paper Studio Card Stock with Envelopes
Tim Holtz - Distressed Ink
Black Soot
Vintage Photo
 
Now over to Guest Designer Rashida who has a fun and colorful project to share.
 

 
 Hello Everyone! Today I am going to share my CREATE wall canvas that I made for Gina’s Designs. I have always been interested in abstract art so I used this opportunity to try my hand at my very first abstract painting. For this canvas I used Gina’s Designs palette and brushes and Ginas Designs Create dovetail banner and Gina’s Designs chicken wire.
 
 The first thing you will need to do is apply a background color to your canvas. I chose orange. Once the paint was applied I wiped the excess off. I then added various drips and drops of colors. I chose lime green, yellow, while and turquoise. I also used drips of India Ink to add vibrancy to my paint.  Once you let that dry it’s time for your next layer. I used modeling paste and Gina’s Chicken wire to add texture, while the paste was still wet I sprayed it with lime green ranger spray and topped it off with a sprinkle of recollections glitter glass. Let that dry overnight. Don’t forget the edges!
Once my canvas was completely dry I used a black ink pad and ran it along the edges. Next for the chipboard. First I painted all the pieces white. Next I used my Gelatos to color the pallet and brush and the letters. I used my finger to blend it all together, then I used a paint brush with a small amount of water to smooth everything out.
Once dry I began using the same dip and drizzle technique that I used for the canvas. Finally, after everything was dry I glued everything down using E6000.  This was yet another easy project to complete and I absolutely love the results. The nice thing about this type of project is you can’t mess up.  If you can layer, you can do this!
Items used:
Other items used
Black ink pad
Recollections glass glitter
Gelatos
Modeling paste
Ranger Dylusions sprays
Acrylic paint
Canvas
India Ink (optional)
drywall tape
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...