Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Frame - Enter If You Dare

Hi Everyone, it's Nancy here, and today I am sharing another Halloween project.  This time I have created a peek at the inside of a haunted mansion.  I didn't want to use the standard Gothic and Halloween colors, and I was inspired by collage sheets of colorful furniture from Alpha Stamps.  I had been wanting to use the chipboard spiral staircase, one of the newer shapes from Gina's Designs, so I thought it would be fun to create an upstairs loft inside the mansion that is separated from the downstairs by a 5 inch length of 1 x 1 wood that I found in my garage.




This piece was created inside of a 12 x 12 wooden shadowbox I purchased at Michaels.  The shadowbox is about 2 inches deep and the images inside are raised on pop dots at different levels to create lots of dimension.  I painted the frame with gesso then applied texture paste and used various inks paints and sprays to color it.  The red streaks of "blood" were created with distress re-inker.  I had a lot of fun creating my Gothic world.  I hope you like it, thanks for looking!

Gina's Designs Products Used:
Spiral Staircase
Grape Vines
Spiderweb Shapes Set
Chandeliers
Hanging Clock

Digital Design Paper (background) by Kitty's Scrap Post - Nevermore Kit

Collage Sheet Images by:
Alpha Stamps
The Sum of All Crafts
Moonlight Journey

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! So much fun to look at. Great job!! ~~ Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...