Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Home Decor by Kathi and Cards by Melissa for August Cross Promotional

Hi Friends!  Today we have two designers sharing their amazing creations.  First up with Kathi with home decor projects to share.

Hello Fellow Crafters, and thanks for joining me.  Today I am sharing two of Gina's Designs, the Victorian Wall Shelf & the Deco Front Shadowbox, both decorated in a shabby chic style. I am sharing both of these items with you today since I will be displaying them on the same wall of my craft room and I designed them to coordinate.

 Victorian Wall Shelf

Deco Front Shadowbox

My plans are to add my children s photo to the wall shelf, & our wedding photo to the frame in the shadow box.

Video of Shabby Chic projects

Products Used:
Gina's Designs Lasercuts:

Michaels Mini Photo Frame 
WOC flowers
Lace from craftsupplies1 & from my stash
Flat back beads 
Tim Holtz paper 
White Gesso 
Ceramic figurine Bride. 

Thank you so much for stopping in today and sharing a few moments of your time.
Have a great day & have fun crafting.


Next up today is Melissa sharing some amazing cards created as part of our August Cross Promotional with Kitty's Scrap Post digital printable papers.


Hi everyone! Melissa here with two cards to share.

It was wonderful working with these papers.  The details, images, and colors are crisp, and beautiful.  Vintage and romance, a perfect combination!  I can always find just the chipboard I need to complement a theme at Gina's Designs.

The skeleton clock on the left I first painted with gesso, and then liquid pearls.  I put on a  little gold leaf,  and then silver ink.   On the right hand card I painted all three with gesso. On the corset I added detail with pencil, glossy accents, liquid pearls,silver stickles, and silver ink.  I laced it with black thread.

 The white heart at the bottom right has perfect pearls and glossy accents on it.  It's wrapped with metal thread I'm pretty sure is from the 1920's. It could be part of a rhinestone and metal cap.  My Mom found  a strand of rhinestones from it at a barn sale in Pennsylvania, and I've used all the rhinestones on other projects.

I also put some perfect pearls on the gears.

The red heart charm is red watercolors over red metallic pen.  I put a dried flower from my yard on a layer of Dimensional Magic, then another layer of the glue on top. I added definition with a black sharpie. 

Thanks for looking!




Gina's Designs Products Used:

Wooden Charm - Heart (coming soon, other shapes already available)

Papers by Kitty's Scrap Post - Heart Break collection, and "Love struck" Bottle Cap Collage Sheet

Other products used:

Tim Holtz metal and stickers
Liquid Pearls
Swarovski crystals
Glossy accents


Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge
Swarovski flat back crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...