Thursday, July 3, 2014

Family Heritage Photo Frame by Kim and a Patriotic Layout by Donna

First up today is Kim, with an awesome heritage styled altered frame.

Hi Friends! Today I would like to share with you my Family Heritage Picture Frame. I have this photo showing four generations of my family, with my Great-Great Grandparents in the front, my Great Grandmother in the back left and my Grandmother in the back right. The baby in the photo is my mother. This was taken around 1934.  I wanted to feature this photo and Gina had such lovely pieces for me to use to make this special frame, as this is the only family photo like this that I have.
 The Art Deco Borders & Corners were perfect to add to this frame to give it the heritage style that I was going for. I embossed them with some Stampendous Shabby Ivory embossing powder.  Below you can also see one of the wooden charms from Gina's Store that I have used.  I thought that the word "memories" was apropos.

Below I have used the antique bike, and keeping in the color theme embossed it with more of the shabby white embossing powder, with just a touch of some gold to make it stand out.


Finally, here is another shot of the art deco corners around the photo and on the top of the frame you can see the border. I just love how they have framed out my special photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you will check out these goodies in Gina's Store.

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Laces and Trims from MissGardenGrove & Lavish Laces
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Stampendous Embossing Powders
Buttermilk Americana Paint


Next up is Donna, one of our new DT members!

Hi everyone,  I'm Donna, and this is my first project for Gina's Designs! I am so grateful for this opportunity to create beautiful things!  I am really impressed with the quality of her products, and all the beautiful shapes, home decor and storage items.

Now on to my first project.  Is everyone excited about the upcoming fireworks?  We live next to a high school that puts on an amazing fireworks show each 4th of July, so we are looking forward to that again tomorrow night!  We just sit in the front yard...everyone is invited! Bring a lawn chair!

I love items that frame a photo. I used the chain and gears frames for both photos. I simply cut off the gears for this layout. I painted the frames with gesso, and used fired brick crackle paint. Not so much for the crackle, but because of the color/texture. I dabbed some red ink to brighten up the color. I did the same thing on the two stackable labels under the bow. I debated about leaving the chipboard natural. I love that look and I think it would have worked well with the burlap and the bow.


Ginas Designs Products


Other products used

K&Co Americana paper
Distress crackle paint-fired brick
Gesso
Bone and red floss
Red ink pad
Vintage brown ink pad
Round pop dots

Thank you so much for taking a look! Have a fun, safe July 4th weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...