Sunday, July 20, 2014

Butterflies by Kim and Deann

Hi Everyone! Today we have a dual take on the same inspirational item. We were both on Pinterest and discovered this great inspirational piece which you can find Here.  Deann and I have similar tastes and we both were inspired by similar things, and decided to do our own take on something that inspired us. This is what we came up with! It not only shows the versatility of Gina's chipboard items, it also shows how two people can be inspired by the same thing and come up with a completely different take on it.

I have done a 5 x 7 inch canvas for my project and used lots of fun summery colors.

 I have used lots of layers on this canvas, including ripping up paper, melting crayon wax on the butterfly, lots of bright colors of sprays and some pretty flowers as well.



Here in the center I have taken the scissors from the Vintage Seamstress Set and used them as the body of the butterfly, which was another inspirational point for Deann and I. I added some gears which I painted white, then sprayed with Shimmerz orange and a Lindys blue colored spray.




I hope you have enjoyed my take on our inspiration. Now over to Deann who will share her project with you.

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items used
Lindys' Stamp Gang Sprays
Shimmerz Sprays
Faber Castell Crayons for Adults
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Paper, Bead and Stamps from My Stash

DEANN'S PROJECT

Hi Everyone! This is my take on our inspiration piece.  I started my project with a 10x10 canvas and used texture paste with Punchinella in different shapes for the background effect.
I used water soluble wax pastels in blues, pinks and yellows. Once that was dry I went
over the whole thing with some gesso. I used an old credit card to apply the gesso, and that allowed me to scrape some off and make thicker in other spots for more texture.


Then it was time to add stuff! I used the scissors from the Vintage Seamstress Shape Set and wings
from the Garden Fairies Set ( well...their wings :). They were painted with gesso and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I hope you like my take on this project, it was a lot of fun to make! Thanks for taking a look. :)
Other Items Used
Flowers and Bling from Craftsupplies1
Flowers from Prima
Gesso
Water Soluble Wax Pastels
Punchinella
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Book Paper from My Stash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...