Wednesday, July 2, 2014

An Altered Box and Charm by Melissa

Hi everyone! Melissa here with an altered box using an interesting technique and Gina's Designs Lasercuts.  I first noticed this amazing technique using fusible film (iridescent packaging wrap) on Pinterest, and I thought it would be fun to try it.

 I began by coating the box with gesso.  I then hand painted three peacock feather shapes on the top of the box  using three Viva Decor Metallic Colors. On the sides and bottom I just painted randomly in the same color paints. 

I then followed a tutorial using fusible film.  After I did all the steps in the tutorial,  except for soaking the whole top in alcohol, I put small amounts of paint in different colors on top. I dry brushed a lot of the ridges with turquoise paint, and Marvy Uchida gold ink. I put the gold ink around the top edges.  The very deep blue purple color on top I made by mixing turquoise and purple together.

 The ridges were made by the layers of the crumpled film melting together.  I wanted the paint underneath the film to show more on the rest of the box.  To do this I put on a layer of film that was only wrinkled slightly on the sides and the bottom.  I didn't put any paint on those parts.

On the chipboard,  I first painted with gesso, then embossed in gold.  I put Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on top, then a little gold leaf, and then I covered it all with gold opaque paint marker. 

The wooden charm I first painted with gesso, then turquoise Viva Decor paint.  I put the key on, then covered the paint with Dimensional Magic. Thanks for looking!






Gina's Designs products used:



Other:

Wood Box from Hobby Lobby
Iridescent packaging wrap
Acrylic Medium
Viva Decor Precious Metal Paints in bronze, turquoise,and purple
Jaquard Lumieres
Ranger alcohol inks
Embossing Powder
Mica powder
Marvy Uchida Deco Color Liquid Opaque Marker in gold and silver
Tim Holtz metal feet, pen nib, and Chit Chat sticker
Small pewter bird and key from Vintaj
bicones and flat back crystals from Swarovski

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...