Friday, June 27, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas by Kim "Discoveries"

Happy Friday everyone! Today I have created a fun mixed media canvas using some of Gina's amazing products.
I have used the Flourish Circle Frames as the main focus on my canvas, and used several layers of mixed media on them, including paints, inks, texture paste and Tim Holtz distress paint.  In the center of the Flourish Frame, I have placed a bee which I made from some clay.

Below you can see some of the techniques I used on the Flourish.
I embellished around the Flourish Frame with some lovely flowers in whites, blues and yellows, along with some of the gears from the Gears Borders & Corners Set.  I also used one of the Steampunk doilies.  After distressing it, I cut the gears out from the doily and tucked them in with the flowers. In the background you can see some of the Chain Link Fence, which I embossed in black to contrast with the bright colors I used.  I topped that area off with some of the numbers from the Chunky Borders set.
I used a sentiment stamp from Rubbermoon as you can see below.  It is a quote by Picasso, which I just love. To the right you can see a close up of the Numbers from the chunky borders set, which I embossed.
I hope you have enjoyed taking a peek at my canvas today, thanks for stopping by!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Lindy's Stamp Gang Mica Powders and Sprays
Prima Wing, Light bulb, Zipper and Clock
Rubbermoon Picasso Stamp
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Craftsupplies1 Flowers
Tim Holtz Metal Sentiment
Ranger Distress Paint
Delta Soy Paint Turquoise
Iced Enamels Embossing Powder






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...