Saturday, May 17, 2014

Scrapbook layouts by Shanna and by Marfa

Today we are sharing two scrapbook layouts by two of our Design Team members with very different styles!   First up today is Shanna with her layout titled "Hide n Seek".

Good morning everyone!  Shanna here to share a layout. I have had this photo of my daughter for a while and I absolutely love it. I was waiting for the right papers to create it and here it is. I love these papers and then I got the idea to use some of the Texture Sheet - Checkerboard style.  


First I gave it coat of gesso, then used some spray to give it color. I really wanted it to pop so I used a palette knife to spread texture paste across,  not to fully cover but just to make it pop.


I also used a key from the Keys and Plates Set. I gave it a coat of some Inka Gold and then some chalk to dull down the shine. 


I had to finish the layout with some flowers and some splatters and I thought the title Hide n Seek was perfect for this layout. It was her favorite game once she got her feet. 

Next up is Marfa with her layout titled "Birds of a Feather".


This is one of my favorite layouts in quite a while.  It is simple, elegant and the photo is fun.  My mom's cousin was visiting from Georgia.  We hadn't spent much time together in months.  I used chipboard shapes from Gina's Designs as focal points.  I painted them with black acrylic paint and then I outlined them with Sharpie markers in metallic colors.  If you're one of those crafters who thinks that you don't have a lot of time for scrapbooking, let me tell you that I created this page, from scratch, in a couple of hours.  You can do it too.  I have a list of supplies at the bottom of this post.  Go get your own and give it a try.  You will find that you DO have enough time and creativity to make your own scrapbook pages :-)


Gina's Designs Supplies:

Other Supplies
Webster's Pages paper:  Your Life. Beautiful "Let's Celebrate"
Prima flowers: Jardine Pixie Glen
Elle's Studio The Sweet Life Large Journaling Tag


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...