Saturday, May 3, 2014

Decorative Frame Shadow Box by Marfa

Happy Saturday, rainbow drops!  Can you believe that it is May already?  I feel like the year is breezing by way too fast.  For those of you who live in places where winter was harsh, I hope that you are enjoying the weather.  You will soon be enjoying summer, the pool, lemonade and all that good stuff :-)  For me, I pretty much enjoy that weather year round, so I'm looking forward to the day when I see snow again. 

Today I want to share with you a special project that I made for Gina's Designs.  This is a Decorative Frame Shadow Box.  It is one of the new products in the store and I really enjoyed working with it.  It is currently hanging on a wall in my bathroom.  I like looking at it because it feels very cheerful.  I hot glued a sawtooth frame hanger to the back so I could hang it on the wall easily.  

First I painted the frame with green acrylic paint, then I glued two different papers to the back of the frame.  I hot glued some pretty lace trim and large, flat back pearls to the top and a flower ribbon to the bottom.  I finished it by adding some flowers, a metal bicycle, a craft bird, a butterfly and some little wood embellishments.  It really was that simple!  Trust me, you don't have to be a very experienced crafter to decorate a frame like this.  It just takes some embellishments, glue and a little bit of time.  I had so much fun putting it all together.  I hope that you will give it a try.  Scroll down for a list of supplies.  But remember, as long as you have the decorative frame, you can use whatever supplies you have on hand.




Supplies from Gina's Designs:

Other supplies:
Paper from Webster's Pages and Prima
Flowers, wood embellishments and metal bicycle from Prima
Butterfly and yellow roses from Craftsupplies1
Ribbon trim by Webster's Pages
Craft bird
Acrylic Paint
Hot Glue
Sawtooth Hanger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...