Friday, April 18, 2014

Altered Door Hanger "Art Heals" by Kim

Hello Everyone and happy Friday! Today I would like to share with you the new Door Hangers we have in Gina's Store.  These are made from very heavy duty chipboard, and are great for mixed media work, as they will hold up really well. I have created this Door Hanger for my Craft room, hence, the Art theme.
 
 
Below here you can see I have also used Gina's new Art Pallette for the focal point of the piece. I just love this little palette, it comes with 2 chipboard brushes and one pallette knife which you can also alter. I have chosen more mixed media supplies to alter mine, and it was a lot of fun. I then added some wooden letters to spell out ART and some of Gina's Dressform Wings which I embossed in black. 
 
 
Here you can see a close up of the chipboard brushes and palette knife, to which I added my texture paste, sprays and paints. I then added a feminine touch with some flowers and vintage lace. I used the Hanging clock in the background and added another one of the Steampunk Wings to the side to finish it off.
 
I used more flowers, some metal corners and some laces from my stash to give it a complete look and now it will hang on my craft room door with pride.
I hope you like what I have created for you today!
 
Gina's Designs Items Used
 
Other Items used
Flowers from Craftsupplies1
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Metal Corners and Clock Gears from ButterbeeScraps
Lace from Lavish Laces
Lace from The LaceMama
Mixed Media Supplies by Viva Décor
Patina Gilders Paste
Stampendous Chunky Black Embossing Powder
Paper is Prima Princess Collection

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully embellished door hanger. Wonderful mix of colours and textures. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more and more articles and blogs please post soon such informative information. every door direct mail postcards printing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...