Monday, January 6, 2014

Our First Sketch Challenge and a Perpetual Calendar from Veronica

Welcome to the Gina's Designs Sketch Challenge for January.  Our challenge will be a monthly feature throughout 2014.  We will put up a new sketch on the first Monday of each month.   Winners will receive a $10.00 gift certificate to use at our online store.  You will have until the first Monday of the following month to upload a project using the sketch.  You must register on the gallery to upload,  and your entry must be entered into the area of the gallery designated for sketch challenges.  You will find this in the categories section.  Winners will be chosen by drawing from all eligible projects and will be announced on the blog on the second Monday of each month.  We encourage you to use Gina's Designs products in your project but it is not required to be eligible to win. 





Also up on the blog today is Veronica with one of our perpetual calenders.  Here she is to tell you a bit about her inspiration.  

Hello Everyone!  Veronica here to share my first project for the 2014 design team.

I'm so excited to show off this fun project. I fell in love with this piece from the moment I first saw it, but was waiting for just the right paper. I found the perfect match, and just in time for the New Year!
I used Bo Bunny's The Avenues. I love the Victorian feel to the paper line, with it's mix of old fashioned clocks, and old screened and wooden framed doors and shutters. I was watching Alfred Hitchcock's old classic black & white film, Gas Light while working on this project, and it really got me inspired to create the Old Victorian London feel.  I hope you enjoy taking a look, as much as I enjoyed working on it.




 Gina's Bird Cage went perfectly with this paper line. All I did was Gesso the cage, then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls, and Radiant Rain mists to give it an antique feel. I added some wooden spools to give the Calendar  pedestals to stand on.
 The whole calendar was mainly done in the Bo Bunny paper, all but the inside,which I then again used Gesso, crackle paint, and the same colors of mist and inks to give it that over all aged look to it.

 I love the clocks on this paper! Really goes well for a Calendar theme, as you track your days.
Thank you so much for taking a look, and I pray that the year 2014, holds nothing but Blessings for you and yours.
 


Gina's Designs Products Used:

Dimensional Kits -  Perpetual Calendar
Ornamental Bird Cages
Cardstock Doilies Set Intricates
Wooden Decorative Keys
Birds Shape Set


Other Items Used:

White Gesso
Ranger Distressed Ink in Rusty Hinge
 Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist - Butternut
Perfect Pearls Mists - Blue Smoke
Inka Gold - Metallic Rub


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...