Saturday, December 14, 2013

Vintage Christmas Tag by Kim

Hi everyone, and Happy Holidays! Kim here today to share with you my Vintage Christmas Tag, featuring our new Super Extra Large Tag from Gina's Designs. Now this tag is so new, its not even available in the store until January 1st, but I was so excited to show you, I just couldn't resist creating something with it!
This tag is 10 Inches in length and 5 inches wide, so it really is Super-Sized, and it's made from a very thick, sturdy chipboard.  I was so impressed with how it held up to all my mixed media techniques.  I had so much fun making this!  I did mod podge, embossing, texture paste, painting, you name it, I did it to this tag! lol

You can see above some of the paper I mod podged onto the tag.  I used some vintage music paper, and the gorgeous angel girls are from a napkin, which I peeled apart and placed on the tag. You can also see Gina's hanging clock which is painted and embossed and peeking behind it is one of the Snowflakes from the Snowflake Set and one of the delicate doilies from the Intricate Doily Set.

Above you can see some of the stenciling I did with the texture paste and another Snowflake from the Snowflake Set.

I have used some vintage laces and seam binding from my stash to line along the bottom of the Tag, and you can see more of the Snowflakes and one of the large Open Flourish Frames from Gina's Store as well.

Here you can see a close up of the script stencil I used and also here is a good shot of another new product which will be available soon in Gina's Store, which are the Clock hands made from WOOD! I have embossed them as well and used yet another snowflake behind them with a lovely little satin flower for the center of the clock hands.


On the back of the Tag I have used some Vintage Music Paper and more Laces and Trims from my Stash.

Above here I used a pretty little wood piece from WhichCraft which says "Believe", and some lovely metal wings from Craftsupplies1.  They went so well with the vintage and shabby feel of the tag.

Here is another Close up of my favorite pieces, I really love these Snowflakes!! You can do so much with them, and it was fun to experiment with all the chipboard to give them different looks and textures.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you will check out Gina's store, and don't forget there is some AMAZING things coming up for 2014!!
Super Extra Large Tag (Coming to the store in January 2014)
Wooden Clock Hands (Coming soon in January 2014)
Other Items used
From my stash: metal key, seam binding, lace,
Metal Snowflake, plastic snowflake, Angel Girls Napkin, music paper lace and satin rosettes from Shabbylishious on Zibbet
Wooden "Believe" tag from WhichCraft on Zibbet
Metal angel wings from Craftsupplies1 on Etsy
Prima Stencils
Texture Paste
Dark Chocolate Truffle Spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang

2 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous vintage tag, beautiful done.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Karin! Happy Holidays to you and yours! hugs, Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...