Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Steampunk Canvas

Hi there!  It's Nancy here today with a steampunk reverse canvas that was designed as a gift for a man.  It was a little bit of a challenge to create a canvas without any flowers, but I'm really happy with the end result.  On the inside I used a mask and spray inks.  On the frame I used embossed metal foil tape with a sticky back.  In preparing my steampunk elements I tried to use different techniques to get as must interest and texture as I could.  I began with the chipboard art doll which I papered with a free schematics paper that I downloaded on the internet.  It had just the right touches of teal in it.  I also found a face for the art doll as part of a free collage sheet.  I used matte gel medium over the top of the art doll after it was papered to add stability.  I added some fun fussy cut images from Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante papers, and the rest came easily by adding inked and/or embossed gears and other chippies and elements from my stash.






Gina's Designs Products Used:


Other Products:

12 x 12 Canvas
Metal Foil Sticky-backed Tape (around the frame)
Tim Holtz Gears Mask (on the inside)
Dylusions spray inks (inside canvas)
Ranger Patinas (to color the foil tape)
Stampendous embossing powders to color chipboard elements
Prima chalk inks to color chipboard elements
Tim Holtz metal gears colored with Ranger Patinas
(by using a combination of both chipboard and metal elements you get more texture and interest)
Prima Junkyard Findings (little faucets and spark plug)
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers
Punchinella in black
Tim Holtz metal wings and crown
eyelets were used as "glasses" on my art doll and colored with Ranger Patinas
Doorknob on lower left by Graphic 45


4 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, when you call something steampunk, you really mean it! Awesome canvas, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always amaze and inspire me Nancy - this piece is incredible - love the details, the textures, techniques and colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...