Saturday, November 2, 2013

Double Page Scrapbook Layout

Good morning crafty peeps!  Marfa here to bring you a double page layout.  I think that this is the third or fourth time since I started scrapbooking back in 2001 that I've created a double page layout...lol  This layout is extra special for me because these are family members that I will never see again.  They are my dad's uncle, brother and sister.  His sister is still alive, but lives in another country.   The other two people passes away already.  They are old photos from the 80's.  The corner house on the other page is where my aunt lives now, in Cuba.  The other house is where I lived until I was 10 years old.  That's when my parents and I moved to the United States and I've never gone back.  But somewhere in my memories from long, long ago, I remember that place like in a movie, or a dream.  Looking at these photos helps me remember.


Anyway, enough nostalgia...lol  To make this layout I used paper by Webster's Pages and American Crafts.  I also used lots of chipboard by Gina's Designs.  Also, check out the quilled flowers on the bottom left and the top right.  Those are handmade by me.  I've been waiting to use them on just the right layouts.  The colors and the stripes are inspired by the walls and the rocking chairs behind the people.  I don't make it a habit of using red, white and blue together.  The only place where I like that combination of colors in the American flag.  However, somehow I like it in these papers.  I think it is because I also added yellow and green as accent colors.  I painted the chipboard with acrylic paint and then I embossed with them with clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.




Here's a quick video that I made to give you a better look.  Enjoy!









I'm entering this layout in the My Creating Sketches October Sketch Challenge!





Supplies:



Gina's Designs Chipboard- Say Cheese Shape Set, doilies, Gears Borders and Corners Miniatures

Paper by Webster's Pages: Clean and Simple, Citrus Squeeze, Girl Land Retail Therapy

Paper by American Crafts: Cut and Paste Amy Tangerine

Prima flowers

Ultra Thick Embossing Powder

Acrylic Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...